As part of our ongoing commitment at The Content Station to sustainability, diversity, and equality, we’re very pleased to announce that The Content Station has signed up to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals Publisher’s Compact – for more details see here.
Please check back here shortly for our 2022 Sustainability Action & Progress report.
17 Goals to Transform Our World
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) are a call for action by all countries – poor, rich and middle-income – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. They recognize that ending poverty must go hand-in-hand with strategies that build economic growth and address a range of social needs including education, health, social protection, and job opportunities, while tackling climate change and environmental protection. More important than ever, the goals provide a critical framework for COVID-19 recovery.
Signatories to the SDG Publishers Compact commit to:
1. Committing to the SDGs: Stating sustainability policies and targets on our website, including adherence to this Compact; incorporating SDGs and their targets as appropriate.
2. Actively promoting and acquiring content that advocates for themes represented by the SDGs, such as equality, sustainability, justice and safeguarding and strengthening the environment.
3. Annually reporting on progress towards achieving SDGs, sharing data and contribute to benchmarking activities, helping to share best practices and identify gaps that still need to be addressed.
4. Nominating a person who will promote SDG progress, acting as a point of contact and coordinating the SDG themes throughout the organization.
5. Raising awareness and promoting the SDGs among staff to increase awareness of SDG-related policies and goals and encouraging projects that will help achieve the SDGs by 2030.
6. Raising awareness and promoting the SDGs among suppliers, to advocate for SDGs and to collaborate on areas that need innovative actions and solutions.
7. Becoming an advocate to customers and stakeholders by promoting and actively communicating about the SDG agenda through marketing, websites, promotions and projects.
8. Collaborating across cities, countries, and continents with other signatories and organizations to develop, localize and scale projects that will advance progress on the SDGs individually or through their Publishing Association.
9. Dedicating budget and other resources towards accelerating progress for SDG-dedicated projects and promoting SDG principles.
10. Taking action on at least one SDG goal, either as an individual publisher or through your national publishing association and sharing progress annually.
We'd love to hear from you and promise to contact you asap. Either fill in our quick and easy form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Content Station is your trusted educational publishing team. Our local experts across the globe can deliver on any brief.